Compliments don’t come our way quite as often as we’d like.
You can say, “I love you” almost every time you see someone, but a compliment says you’ve gone out of your way to find something especially special about another person to comment about it.
A compliment need not always be about someone’s appearance. People also like to hear compliments about their work, humor, talents, and their intentions.
Today, compliment the one you love. This not only helps affirm the bound of your relationship, but sprouts new conversations and heartfelt smiles.
Some compliments you may want to consider giving the one you love:
- the way they always make you laugh
- their ability as a spouse
- their ability as a parent
- the outcome of a task or project they completed
- their genuine concern for others
- their kindness
- their hospitality to others
- their cooking
- the way they always smile
- the way they react to a situation
- how they are always there when you need them
When you give a compliment, give it in sincerity. Sometimes the tone of our voice says more than the words from our mouths. In all your relationships with the people you love, be encouraging and accepting of their return praise.
How will you complement your love one today?