One of my favorite songs from Skillet’s new CD is Sick of it. Every time I hear the lyrics shout out “Raise your hand if you’re sick of it.” I want to raise mine.
- I’m sick of bullies, young and old.
- I’m sick of people who kick others in their time of weakness, when they could lend their strength instead.
- I’m sick of seeing reality tv shows that encourage unacceptable behavior and send a message that broken families are the norm.
- I’m sick of seeing friends devastated and broken from relationships that didn’t work out.
- I’m sick for the families that must have both parents working outside the home to provide for their families in today’s economy.
- I’m sick of being treated differently because I’m a woman, or of because of where I grew up, or because of financial statuses.
- I’m sick of seeing people turn those in need away because of selfishness or greed.
- I’m sick of……
It’s a frustrating feeling to be feud up.
I struggle to overcome it. But I’m not always good at it.
On days like these, I turn up the music and raise my hand.
Are you sick of it?